An event where we educate, support and empower
What are Information and Support days?
Facilitated by our Programs Manager, you’ll hear from 2 panels of experts who will provide evidence-based information relevant to the hereditary cancer community. These days are inteded to be a 'catch all' event where you can collect information about many aspects of hereditary cancer in one place.
About our Information and Support Days
This event will include 2 panel discussions and a social activity:
- Panel 1 is focused on genetics, screening and mental health
- Panel 2 is focused on options to manage cancer risk (screening, surgical and medication), menopause, IVF/PGD and research.
- Social activity - After lunch, we'll relax with a short activity where you can get to know other community members
Our panel of experts include: genetic counsellors, psychologists, menopause specialists, gynaecologists, breast surgeons and you'll learn about how Pink Hope supports the hereditary cancer community. You’ll also hear community members share their personal stories.
The day is set up with all of the information/education happening before lunch, then after lunch there is a less formal activity where you can meet other people in the community. We know these days can often be an 'information overload' so we are hoping to bring back some balance by creating two aspects to the day.
You are welcome to bring family, friends or a support person. It is fine for you to only attend the parts of the event that are relevant for you.
If you are under financial pressure, please contact Lisa email@example.com to see how we can best support you to attend.
- When: Saturday 20th July 2024
- Where: TBC
- Time: 9am-2:30pm
- Cost: $25.00
- Includes: Morning tea and Lunch
- RSVP: Monday 15, July 2024